Home Healthy Living WHO, UN deploy 3,000 personnel to help fight COVID-19 in Kano

WHO, UN deploy 3,000 personnel to help fight COVID-19 in Kano

83
0
Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State

Lagos records four new coronavirus-related deaths
The United Nations (UN) and the World Health Organisation (WHO) have deployed 3,000 personnel to Kano State to help respond to the Coronavirus pandemic in the state, reports Sahara Reporters.
Kano has experienced a spike in COVID-19 cases amidst a spell of strange deaths being investigated by the Nigerian government.
Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, Boss Mustapha, on Friday in Abuja said the deployment was to help state officials in their detection efforts.
He said, “I wish to inform you that our response to the situation in Kano State is producing expected outcomes since testing was ramped up.
“The state task force in collaboration with our team have also expanded contact tracing and isolation.
“A lot of emphases are being placed on the training of different categories of manpower – medical, nursing, cleaners, etc., the building of capacity for coordination and care management and supply chain. We are also putting together a structure from the Presidential Task Force team to provide support on a full-time basis.
“The United Nations system coordinated by the World Health Organisation is also putting together a search team and repurposing 3,000 community informants from the Primary Healthcare in Kano State to strengthen the coordination of COVID-19 at state and local government levels.
“Although the spike in numbers coming out of Kano is a bit worrisome, global trends showed that such indicates discovery of previously undetected cases and creates greater opportunities for detection and isolation, care and management.”
Meanwhile, no fewer than four patients have died of coronavirus-related complications in Lagos State. The state’s Ministry of Health announced this via its Twitter handle on Saturday.
It tweeted, “Unfortunately, four COVID-19 deaths were recorded. This brings the total number of #COVID=19 related deaths in Lagos to 25.”
The LSMOH also announced the discharge of 22 more COVID-19 who have recovered from the infection.
It tweeted, “22 more COVID-19 Lagos patients; eight females and 14 males, all Nigerians were today discharged from our isolation facilities at Yaba, @LUTHofficial and Lekki to reunite with the society.
“The patients; 19 from @LUTHofficial, two from IDH, Yaba and one from our isolation centre at Lekki have fully recovered and tested negative twice consecutively to COVID-19.
“With this, number of patients successfully managed and discharged in Lagos is now 247.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here