Home Entertainment Meghan, Harry begin talks with elite Hollywood team she secretly retained

Meghan, Harry begin talks with elite Hollywood team she secretly retained

223
0
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have begun talks with an elite Hollywood team they hope can set them up with multi-million-dollar deals, reports mirror.co.uk.
Their former royal highnesses have put the wheels in motion with the powerful agents, business managers and lawyers Meghan secretly retained throughout her time in the British Royal Family.
The team features Nick Collins of The Gersh Agency, whose clients include Tobey Maguire and Jamie Foxx – he is handling lucrative film, TV and philanthropic offers.
Meghan’s Beverly Hills business manager Andrew Meyer is working behind the scenes too, with Hollywood lawyer Rick Genow also heavily involved.
The gurus were brought together to help Harry, 35, and Meghan, 38, become “financially independent” despite still receiving a supply of cash from Harry’s dad Prince Charles for the next 12 months.
Already one of Netflix ’s most senior bosses, chief content officer Ted Sarandos, has said the online streaming company would welcome a deal with the royals.
The couple will also discuss how to promote causes close to their hearts, including the environment and the fight against HIV and AIDS.
The terms of separation from the monarchy were harsher than both Harry and Meghan had lobbied for when they announced Megxit.
Harry yesterday grinned as he arrived in Canada, having cast a solemn figure as he left the gruelling nine-hour British Airways flight from Heathrow to Vancouver.
But after a transfer flight to Vancouver Island, Harry’s demeanour had changed and he smiled broadly.
One passenger on board the plane said they suspected Meghan was waiting inside a Toyota SUV that pulled up nearby.
The couple had been separated for 11 days while the Prince finished his final engagement as a senior royal in Britain.
Hours before leaving London on Monday, the Prince raced through an official engagement with Prime Minister Boris Johnson and African leaders.
He had been so eager to see Meghan and Archie, he even ducked out of a Buckingham Palace ¬reception he was supposed to be co-hosting.
Harry was driven from the airport to the £11.4million waterfront home the couple have lived in since November, loaned to the couple by a mystery benefactor.
Meanwhile, they will have to repay the cost of a £2.4million refurbishment of Frogmore Cottage , in the grounds of Windsor Castle, and will now rent it from the Queen.
The Met Police is continuing to pay for the couple’s security detail but security sources have confirmed “there is no blank cheque arrangement”.
Discussions are also taking place to finalise whether Harry and Meghan can continue to use their ‘Sussex Royal’ brand which they have built up since they married 20 months ago.
They have amassed 11million followers on Instagram and trademarked more than 100 items, potentially to take into the corporate world.
But Thomas Woodcock, Garter Principal King of Arms, who ensures commercial concerns do not sully the royal brand, told The Times: “I don’t think it’s satisfactory. You either are [royal] or you’re not.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here